www.akilidada.org

www.akilidada.org

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

re-purposing the blog

O.k.
I've decided to re-purpose my blog from a once a year detailing of my adventures in Kenya and to become more active in sharing my experiences starting and growing Akili Dada.

I've been meaning to trace the history and growth of the organization for a while now and I think keeping a blog documenting things as the happen might be a good way of doing it.

There's a lot of books out there about how to start a non-profit but I've always wondered what it would be like to have a record of perceptions and experiences of things as they happen rather than having the 20/20 perspective 10 or 20 years down the road.

The downside of engaging in this project is of course that Akili Dada could fail miserably but even then this blog could end up showing others what not to do. But If we keep succeeding as we are, the blog could offer insights to others trying to do the same thing.

We'll see.....

No comments: